Thread: User Account Locked Out!!

User Account Locked Out!!

There is some issues with one of the user accounts. This user logs on to 2 different pc's one running on XP and the other running on Windows 2000. The issue happens whenever you have to change the password after 42 days which is the default. After the changes the password in one machine, he has been locked out to log onto the other machine? Any ideas?

You can download Account Lockout and Management Tools from here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=18465. ALTools.exe contains tools that assist you in managing accounts and in troubleshooting account lockouts. Use these tools in conjunction with the Account Passwords and Policies white paper.

Re: User Account Locked Out!!

Thank you, I will try to run the eventcombMT.exe tool and see what happens. I think that the lock out is caused by network mapped drive. Once I run this tool, how can I fix this problem because this user has to run his profile on 2 machines?

You can download a tool called Account Lockout Examiner which can troubleshoot account lockouts. The lockout investigation engine of the Account Lockout Examiner will do its best to help you find the potential cause of account lockouts, such as mapped network drives, etc. Download it from the netwrix website.