Thread: Group Policy Drive Mapping

Group Policy Drive Mapping

I need some help here to configure drive mapping on windows server. I want to do the same through Group Policy. I think this would be simple but I am unable to find the right way of doing the same. The exact steps are missing. There is a Windows XP client on the network. I am using a logon script which allows this system to get access to map drives. But somehow it is not working well. Is there a more simple option available for the same process.

Did you tried the manual process. Does that works well. I do not think you might require any script for the same. Just map the drive in My Computer and create a shortcut on the desktop. That's all. It will be working quiet fine. You will need to work with permission settings so that everything is properly configured.

Re: Group Policy Drive Mapping

To access the domain you will have to check one thing. Your computer must be always connected. It must have a continuous access to the domain or else things might not work here. You have to check on the functional level whether the account here is working fine or is it still useless. The computer must have account in AD so that it is properly authenticated. Or else this would be just waste of time.