Thread: Time Sync on a Windows 2003 Server

Time Sync on a Windows 2003 Server

I am having two servers here. Both of them have Windows 2003 Server. I am facing a bit issue with them. I tried a number of different settings, but it does not looks to be working fine. There are two server among which one is master and other one is primary. In the master I am getting problem with Time Sync. I followed a article from the web that gives information on time sync. But it does not work well.

Re: Time Sync on a Windows 2003 Server

If you are facing a problem with time sync then you can try a fix that is available on the below link for download. You can find the same through windows update also. Just download fix and run the same. It will apply appropriate settings.

How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server

If you are trying to sync the same through external sources then run cmd. You have to run this with admin privileges. Once you are done with that you have to type the following - w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual /manualpeerlist:peerlist. Hit enter and then type w32tm /config /update. I am sure this will help you to fixing the time sync issue.

I think after restarting the service the issue will be resolved. You will have to first stop and then restart it back so that it is applied properly. To do this you will need admin privileges. Go in Services. You can find that in Control Panel > Performance & Maintenance > Administrative Tools. In that look for services related to the time. Just restart the same and check back.