Thread: Group Policy to deny PST

Group Policy to deny PST

Can anyone guide me to configure a Group Policy that can simply block a pst creation. I want to configure it in such a way that any user or workstation under policy must not be allowed to create mail. I am searching for this option from long time and yet not found anything. I think I can do that in Outlook. But it would be a manual process. If I can use a Group Policy here then the job here will be much more easier.

I do not think there any thing available like that. I think you want a kind of group policy that will disallow creative of .pst file. I am not really sure. But you can restrict the usage of email. You can find that in your settings itself. It is possible to stop a user from using a application via group policy. I think that would be easier for you and you can keep a limited number of people under this only.

As per my experience it is not possible. Because there is no way you can disable pst creation through a group policy on lan or wan network. The files are mostly created by the email client itself. If you apply any group policy over it there are chances that the files can get corrupted. It is quiet complicated to manage pst files. But there is a way for that. It can be done through registry. The tutorial for that is quiet big. You can find that on web easily.