Thread: Cannot connect to domain controller.

Cannot connect to domain controller.

I am facing a problem with Domain setup on my network. I am unable to login to my domain account. It shows me that the domain account does not exist. The account is used before also. Even after resetting the router configuration things does not work well here. I had manually plugged and unplugged the lan cable also but still it is not working. What should I do to fix the problem.

It can be due to number of previous logon on cache. You have to go in the security option of your local pc and then enable disable the same. I will also advice you check whether your connectivity and configuration is constant. It must be not be breaking. I am giving you a link that has different issue and their solution.

Domain Controller Issues

same problem with new falvor

Hi,

I presume that i am also facing a similar problem. We use a domin controller residing on a remote location and the DNS also is on a remote location. I use CISCO 2960 Switches , and i can reach the DNS-DC with the ping command and even by name. The problem is that , after joing the computers to the domin , some of them will never login untill you unplug the network cable, wait for some time or reboot and login while your network cable is still unplugged , then replug the network cable and work normally ,, this issue is mainly happening with desktops , not loptops it is really strange. I tried, dissjoining from AD , deleted the computer account , recreate the account ,, same issue

any ideas ?

re: Cannot connect to domain controller.

I think I am having a more appropriate solution available here. The link below has more detail on the issue that you are facing. Just check the link and check back. I am sure it will help you fixing the issue. To some extent connectivity is the cause, but you said you had manually disconnected and connected the same but still it is not working. Can be a dns problem.

Failed to connect to Domain Controller