Thread: Active Desktop Wallpaper Not loading Correctly

Active Desktop Wallpaper Not loading Correctly

There are many Windows XP Sp2 computers that will not completely load a desktop background specified in group policy. They all partially load the wallpaper, because I am able to see a thin strip of it accross the top of my desktops. Some of the machines work properly everytime and some work after they have had time to refresh. The policy that I have set is in Use Config > Admin Templates > Desktop > Active Desktop. I have enabled the Enable Active Desktop and also the Active Desktop Wallpaper. The wallpaper.jpg file is there on the computers accept the wallpaper. The permission on C: drive are set for everyone to have atleast read access. There are no other setting that have been changed in this policy container, and the only other changes are the My Documents folder and My Network Places are removed. So, can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Re: Active Desktop Wallpaper Not loading Correctly

Even I am facing the same issue, but I call mt wallpaper from \\server\desktop\wallpaper.jpg. There are many user accounts that are now showing a blue background with the little icon in the to left corner with the red box, green circle, and blue triangle in it. When I am right clicking on desktop and refresh, the it will not show up. I would appreciate if anyone can help me out as well. Thanks.