Thread: Win2k3 & XP Pro Machines Cannot Join 2000 Domain

Win2k3 & XP Pro Machines Cannot Join 2000 Domain

I am using a domain on Windows 2000 server. It is working properly and there are no errors till yet. The Event viewer also shows nothing. But there is some problem with some client pc on the network. When I try to add it properly I am getting a error. The error is : The following error occurred attempting to join the domain. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation". I am doing this with admin account but somehow it fails to work.

Run DCDiag and then check out that it passes all the test. There must be some problem with client dns where you are facing trouble. You have to ensure that the internal dns server must be properly set so that each of the client pc are able to identify the same.

Re: Win2k3 & XP Pro Machines Cannot Join 2000 Domain

Dear Sir/Madam

Before my system was in domain but suddenly igot a problem so i dis joined domain and i added to workgroup and then again if i join the error occur as the following error occured while attempting to join the domain

Re: Win2k3 & XP Pro Machines Cannot Join 2000 Domain

Quote Originally Posted by chai View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam

Before my system was in domain but suddenly igot a problem so i dis joined domain and i added to workgroup and then again if i join the error occur as the following error occured while attempting to join the domain
    Could you tell us what kind of error are you getting? Are you logged in with an admin account? Or are you logged in with the Local Admin account? Make sure the Client for Miscrosoft Networks is installed on your network interface. Also make sure the Workstation service is running.