Thread: Security accounts manager initialization failed

Security accounts manager initialization failed

I am working on Windows 2003 environment. Rightnow in the organization where I am working has two different Windows 2003 Server. Recently there was one more server added to the entire setup. And the same got down due to failure. Now there is some serious bug due to this. When I try to login to the server I am getting a error on the login screen. The error is related to some security manager initialization failed. I restarted everything just to ensure that things would be working fine. Byt rebooting does not helped much here.

It looks like some problem with corrupt database. I think that is the reason. You must stop the replication process rightnow and then check back. If there is any other dc on the network then you must manually try to remove the same and then try out. Just try to restore the same from the backup and then try out.

Our server with windows server 2003 crashed last night and needed a repair install (Told us to repair a file using repair install). We get to the part where active directory services trays to start and then we get the following message: box

Isass.exe - System Error
    Security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start:
    Error Status: 0xc00002e1: Please click ok to shutdown the system. You can use the recovery console to diagnose the system further.

What can I do to continue the repair install and get this server to work?

Thanks.