Thread: Event ID 100 MSFTPSVC

Event ID 100 MSFTPSVC

We are running a server/domain at our office from past few years. Two days ago, due to some electricity problem and UPS failure, our server get shutdown unexpectedly. Since then my Event Viewer remain full of the following error message:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MSFTPSVC
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 100
    Date: 4/21/2006
    Time: 2:11:35 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PUPPY-SERVER1
    Description:
    The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'Administrator' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code.

For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 0000052e

By saying “full” I laterally mean it gets generated every 3 to 4 minutes though I remain logged in as an administrator. Do you guys have any idea what is wrong and how can I get rid of the same? Please help be cause I dint found any working solution on the web.

I think the issue lies with connectivity breakup. You have to post the complete error code here. No one will be able to help you unless you provide the complete information here on the issue that you are facing. But still I am providing you a link that I found on web which is associated with the error that you are getting. The link has information about the ftp connectivity failure. Just go through the same.

FTP server terminates user connections and returns MSFTPSVC event message 8 (IIS 6.0)

Re: Event ID 100 MSFTPSVC

This is a kind of connectivity issue which is associated with the login credential. Here you will have to reset the password of your admin account and see what output you are getting. Just reset the password of the admin account and try back to connect. But if still you are getting the issue then you have to once checkout the entire settings which you are using for the connection. This will be helpful in fixing the issue.

Re: Event ID 100 MSFTPSVC

The same error also occur if your ftp site has a really high load. You have to verify the same. Sometime there are many anonymous connection which are making it slow and causing the connectivity failure. A large amount of connection is the common cause behind the issue. You will have to locate each connection in use which is the only issue to fix the problem. There is very few information available on the web about this issue.