Thread: Lots of Event ID 566

Lots of Event ID 566

Earlier I was using Server 200. Last week I upgraded the same to Server 2003 on my two DC's and my Exchange server running
    with Exch.2003. Since then, on one of my master DC, I get the following error message:
    EVENT ID:566 Source: Security, Cathegory: Directory Service Access

Object Operation:
    Object Server: DS
    Operation Type: Object Access
    Object Type: container
    Object Name: CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=<MyDomain>,DC=no
    Handle ID: -
    Primary User Name: <MyDomainController>$
    Primary Domain: <MYDOMAIN>
    Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
    Client User Name: <MyEXCHANGE_SERVER>$
    Client Domain: <MYDOMAIN>
    Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x760B285)
    Accesses: Read Property

Properties:
    ---
    Default property set
    uSNChanged
    Public Information
    objectClass
    container

Additional Info:
    Additional Info2:
    Access Mask: 0x10
    Apart from this, just few second before the above event error occurs, I use to get the following error message:

The description for Event ID ( 8355 ) in Source ( MSExchangeAL ) cannot be found.
    The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
    You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: MyOtherDC.no; DC=MyDomain,DC=no.
    Any idea what is wrong with my setup and how can I fix it? Let me assure you that there was no problem during the upgrade process so I don’t think I need to re-install it again, right? Please help.

RE: Lots of Event ID 566

While searching related terms I came through an Microsoft Artcile describing “Event 619 is logged after an online restore operation of an Exchange Information Store database is performed” http://support.microsoft.com/default...22120121120120. I think you should go through the procedure provided over there.

I appreciate your help KEATON, but unfortunately that dint helped. To me it sounds like the problem is with exchange server itself. I think it is not able to access a container/object called "Deleted Objects" for some reason. Cannot find that i AD... Whiel troubleshooting the same I pointed Recipient Update Services to the DC2. Suddenly the errors disappeared but the same problem occurred on my DC1. I don’t know whats happening but can anyone tell me where does the "Deleted Objects" container gone?

When you open up the ADUC in a default installation of Active Directory, you are only presented with the basic containers. These basic containers include the only organizational unit (OU), which is the Domain Controllers OU, as well as the other containers such as Users and Computers. To see more in-depth containers, you need to configure the ADUC by going to the View option on the toolbar, then selecting Advanced Features. This will refresh the view within the ADUC and add some new containers. There are no hidden (or Advanced) OUs that will show up when you configure the ADUC in this way.