Thread: Access Denied Joining Domain

Access Denied Joining Domain

I am having a Windows 2003 server. It was configured 6 months before and it is working quiet fine. There are around 60 workstations which are connected to the server. Now there are some complains suddenly for map drives. A number of users complain me that they are unable to access the map drive. They are getting access denied message. The map drive was the only place for them to store their data. They are unable to access it. The username and password that I had provided to them is appropriate. There is no problem with authentication. So I removed the system first from system and then tried to add them. But I am also getting the same problem.

Run DCDiag and then see what output you are getting. It looks like some kind of problem with SMB signing configuration. You have to check out the registry settings of domain controller and ensure that all values are proper or not. I think the issue lies with security signature. Due to recent changes it is possible that smb signing is disabled or not performing well. You have to configure it back again.

Re: Access Denied Joining Domain

Just enable SMB back again and then see. The guy above says correct. I got the same kind of issue. I went to the settings and enable SMB. There can be some policy in GPO which is turning it off and you are facing the problem. You will need to rework on the domain settings and then check back. I am sure this will be working quiet well.

Oh
    Mah
    Gawd....

thank you, this just wrapped up 4 hours of turmoil.

This worked. I only changed the settings on the workstation, to match those of the domain controller, rebooted, and tried again.