Thread: GPResults Access Denied

GPResults Access Denied

Hi, I’m running a Domain where whenever I try to run gpresult and rsop.msc on a users server, I get an error message saying “Access Denied.” However when I try to run the same commands from my domain controllers server it works fine, no errors. But when I try to do the same from members server I get the said error, no matter I’m running from any server. Also there is nothing listed in the Event Viewer. Now as I’m the Administrator of this Domain, I only have to fix this issue but there is also an SMS admin that has full access to this server. Hence I dont' know if he had done something wrong with the permissions.

SO far I have gone though several articles but none of them helped me so far dealing with this issue. Even I checked the MS KB article 322852 but that to wasn’t helpful. Can somebody from here help me out with this? Many thanks.

Re: GPResults Access Denied

As per your post and the situation described, to me it appears like the sysvol on the dc your member server is attached to is the cause of this error message. Do you have orphaned GPO? Also did you tried running the same both commands on some another Client PC or server? Are you logged on as a user with credentials to read all the gpo's that will be applied against this machine and user that the gpresult is being applied against?

Thank you very much for the reply Miltongomes. We applied the GPO again successfully after removing that user from the domain, reset its account and re-added it. As per your question, yes ran both commands from any server and it runs fine. I’m getting the Access Denied error only from this one server, rest all are working fine. We I run the gpresult remotely or on the system, we get the error from this server only. I do log on with an account that has domain and server rights. (EA and DA). .

What now? Please help.

This solution tested & works at Windows 2003.

Go to Command Prompt --> Copy Paste the below lines

cd /d %windir%\system32
    regsvr32 /n /I userenv.dll
    cd wbem
    mofcomp scersop.mof
    gpupdate /force
    gpresult
    Thanks

Regards
    RAju Nair