Thread: Permission to allows users to Unlock Account

Permission to allows users to Unlock Account

I am looking for some way that can allow users on my network to unlock their own account. And only to a specific level. What kind of permission I have to apply to allow the users to unlock their own account. From my end I had checked in all the sections but I am doubtful whether it is going to work well or not. I am also referring to a number of help manual based on permission stuff, but found nothing till yet. I am looking for a quickest way of doing this.

You have to edit Dssec.dat for he same. The file is located inside System32. Once you find it just right click on the same and choose Open With > Word Pad. You have to locate the user in this file and you have to find lockoutTime entry. It will be listed in alphabetical order there. The next you have to do is to change the value of lockoutTime to 0. Save the file and run Delegate Control Wizard.

re: Permission to allows users to Unlock Account

That is not the complete process. The complete process is available in the link provided below. I think that will help you more in work on permission so that users can unlock their own account. I am providing you two links here that will offer you step by step procedure for doing that.

How to grant help-desk personnel the specific right to unlock locked user accounts
    How To Delegate the Unlock Account Right