Thread: Users on my network failed to log on local domain

Users on my network failed to log on local domain

In my network of 15 pc there are some users who are getting issue while connecting to the local domain. It does not looks to be working fine. I got report from 4 different pc this morning. I checked the settings here which looks to be working fine. I am not able to get cause behind the issue. I am totally confused with the new settings. Recently there were some updates in windows, does because of that the issue appear. Can anyone here help me to find a more appropriate help that can fix the problem.

Re: Users on my network failed to log on local domain

The login process here is simply managed by the security policies. So instead of checking at various place just go the security policies and check whether everything is fine. You can reconfigure the settings once again from scratch and then test back. I think that is enough to fix the problem.

I can put a hit more highlight on the issue. Here you are using a local domain controller. So the users are having login rights on the DC. Now you have to check the following things first. Ensure that the DC is available for those pc. You can try login with different accounts on the host. If that works then the problem lies with the user account. You will have to check the same. Sometime the permission rights are modified due to which user get this kind of issue. You can once again try to define the group policy here. The second thing you have to do is to reconfigure the security settings. Do this when the first one does not work. You can reconfigure it back again by applying a proper policy settings. Just go to the following location - Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment. Here you can find proper information on the security settings which you can modify. This would be more helpful for you to fix the problem. You can here try to modify the security settings and edit the GPO. That will fix the issue to some extent. I am giving you a link below that has options to manage rights of a local pc. Just check the steps below.

Assign user rights for your local computer

Check the below link. It has complete information on the domain user accounts. Read the same and here you can get ample of resources on your settings stuff. There are certain requirements of configuring a proper account and detail on the same can be found below.

Domain User Accounts

Check the below link. It has complete information on the domain user accounts. Read the same and here you can get ample of resources on your settings stuff. There are certain requirements of configuring a proper account and detail on the same can be found below.

Domain User Accounts

Did you enabled Auditing. This would be more better I think. In auditing you can constantly keep a track on different errors in your system. It is one of the best way to deal with number of server issues. You can just run GPEdit.msc here to enable auditing and monitoring options here. I think that works really well. To enable the same for your local pc here are options. Go in the Local Security Settings and in the console tree you can find a options as Audit Policy. Just click on the same. You can find the same under Security > Settings > Local Policies > Audit Policy. In the detail pane you can fine event category. Double click on that. Enable the settings and then use it for fixing the issue. I will also recommend you to check user permissions here. You can recreate the accounts back again and then move them to appropriate section. That will be more than enough to fix the issue. The admin has the complete right here to provide access or deny the login. You can find more helpful resources on the same from MSDN. This site has ample of great help articles that would guide to you fix the issue you are facing. I do not think this would be really complicated at all.

Just for once verify the logon rights. The issue might with that. There are different settings in that. You have to ensure the right one applied or else users will keep on getting the issue. The link below has ample of information on logon rights. You can just click on that and verity your settings accordingly.

Logon rights

Sometime the permission settings are modified due to which you face issue. You can once again permit the users to login to your DC and the issue will be resolved. It is recommended that you must test with some other users account on the host pc where you are facing issue. The settings to permit users you have to go in the Domain Controller Security Policy. In that click on the Console tree and then click on user Rights. That is the place from where you can manage the user permission settings. Now doubtful click on the details section and then click on log. Here you can simply define a proper security settings which will be used by the user account to access your DC settings. This would work really well. You can first try here to remote the users and then add them back with proper permission granted. The issue is very common. I am on a bigger network where I get user access issue a number of time. One thing I am not able to understand that how does this settings are just modified on its own. There must be some sort of script which can help use to fix the issue.

Configure user logon as service and I think that can give you a permanent fix. For that go in Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policy > Users Right Assignment and at the right side click on Log On as a service. Now choose properties from the same and click on Add Users or Group. Add a new user.