Thread: How to get rid of server with FSMO Role

How to get rid of server with FSMO Role

Not certain of the of the impact with the intention of it determine to be caused by the FSMO Roles move, be supposed to I perform throughout off hours such as on Saturday and Sunday to minimize downtime if several. You be able to perform it through out or off business hours. Just the destination and the source DC be supposed to be obtainable and are capable to communicate together. In addition, when shifting the FSMO roles and server demotion, the entire the users to facilitate were created in Location A determine to be obtainable for me to observe in AD on server in location B, correct? And I need help on how to get rid of server with FSMO Role.

Re: How to get rid of server with FSMO Role

I might advise you just presently to shift your DC commencing from the location A to location B. It is even an applicant who might be suitable to accomplish without ip-address altered if you establish appropriate routing. In this case you determine to acquire the subsequent domain controller for Location B if something occurred through the first one. You determine to maintain your existing exchange org configuration where will be no overload for an additional server and no reconfiguration needed.

In this circumstances I might recommend transferring DC commencing from location A to location B and altering IP address and configure sites and subnets accordingly. If you anyway desire to eliminate DC location A then proceed similar to this: Transfer FSMO roles to location B, you be able to transfer those in standard business hours. Then after you have to make sure the location B dc is a Global Catalog Server.

You be able to shift those throughout the business hours without down-time. Yes assuming mutually the servers are DCs of the similar domain, when you demote the server, it determine to replicate off the entire changes to the additional DC(s). Yes you mention with the intention of you are working with Exchange Server at the DC you are going to eliminate, this is not sustained or maintained and almost certainly determine to lead to issues for Exchange, if you have encompassed several additional exchange mailbox server within your exchange organization.