Thread: 2008 R2 Replication Errors

2008 R2 Replication Errors

Hi Guys,

We have an 2008 R2 multi-site single domain and are having issues with replication. We have a IPSEC tunnel over a WAN seperating the locations all on separate subsets.

In the central location, we have two domain controllers (DC1 & DC2) and they can replicate fine. When I create StoreDC1, it was created in the central location and was replicating fine.

When it was moved to site, the forwarders were set up correctly, the Secondary DNS was set to DC1 and DNS on both ends resolves the new, correct IP addresses. I can not confirm if there has been any outbound replication since the server was brought online on site, but I can confirm there has been some inbound.

The problem seemed to occur with the amount of time the tunnel was down before the servers were able to contact each other. It was around two months.

Something that stands out to me is the error I get when UNC browsing from StoreDC1 to DC1. I get "Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect". UNC browsing from DC1 to StoreDC1 works fine.

When running Repadmin /replsummary from DC1, it shows no fails to any of the replication partners. When you run the same command from StoreDC1, you get "experienced the following operational errors trying to retrieve replication information:
    8341 - DC1.Domain.local
    8341 - DC2.Domain.local"

When running Repadmin /showrepl *, I get the same errors from both DC1 and StoreDC "The target principlal name is incorrect" and "***WARNING: KCC could not add this REPLICA LINK due to error".

And help would be appreciated, and if you need more indepth error information I would be happy to provide it.

Josh.

Re: 2008 R2 Replication Errors

I think that you will require to replicate to an ODBC subscriber to avoid this error. Try with this and reply back is this was helpful to you or not.