Thread: How to create a GPO link to a OU that will assign automatically a security group to the users on that OU.

How to create a GPO link to a OU that will assign automatically a security group to the users on that OU.

Hello

My question is the following: I would like to know how to or if there is the posibility of creating a GPO linked to a OU that will assign automatically a security group to the users on that OU.
    I know that you can modify the group membership via scripts and also that you can create users templates.

Thanks a lot for the help,

Anthony Rugama

Re: How to create a GPO link to a OU that will assign automatically a security group to the users on that OU.

Hello as per my knowledge to perform this you are not able to make use of group policies. For that you have to setup a shadow group to perform this. For more information I will suggest you to search about this on a Google try to find out it with the Manage Shadow Groups in Windows Server 2008 title. I am sure you will get the appropriate answer about this.

Re: How to create a GPO link to a OU that will assign automatically a security group to the users on that OU.

I would suggest the same. The shadow group is really the only option at the moment that you have based on your requirement.