Thread: Two domain controllers on network having local machine service startup issue

Two domain controllers on network having local machine service startup issue

Hi,
    I installaed two domain controller in single forest and single domain 2008 environment. First domain controller installaed as first domain in new forest and second domain controller installaed as second domain controller in existing domain.
    Both the domain controllers are with Global catlog, DNs server and replication through Network. Both are on same subnet. I checked replication which is happing perfectly. I created some groups and users.

My windows server 2008 nodes having some issue with services. some times services are working fine with domain user login. some times i need to keep one of the domain controller off.
    Using local server account no issue. Because of this some of the applications are not running when both the domain controllers are on and running. DNS name resolution is happing perfect.

Please help

Girish

Re: Two domain controllers on network having local machine service startup issue

You can easily manage Domain Controllers with Active Directory Directory Services. Installing the DNS Server service prior to installing Active Directory allows the DNS Server service to automatically start using the DNS zones that are stored on the directory after you complete the Active Directory installation. For more information visit this website.