Thread: Looking for a command to push GPO replication

Looking for a command to push GPO replication

Hello guys I am looking for a command to push GPO replication. I am getting the following error.
    Policy {823CF188-2415-3D1C-25E2-FB4DC2FF381E}
    Friendly name: Office 2003 Users
    Error: Cannot access \\dc01.svz.loc\sysvol\svz.loc\policies\{823CF188-2415-3D1C-25E2-FB4DC2FF381E}, error 53.
    And it’s not a one error there are many similar error I am getting. That’s why I am searching for a command on the way to push GPO replication. I want it to perform from one domain controller in the direction of an additional domain controller. Not simply the GPO's that altered within the last couple of minutes. I wish for a full replication. I anticipate a complete replication will crack a lot of error messages.

Re: Looking for a command to push GPO replication

What AD are you administrating? Are you administrating 2000, 2003, 2008? According to my knowledge you are able to struggle REPADMIN /SYNCALL depending on top of the version you are administrating. If you want to know some more about this then search it on Google. You will get the all information regarding to it. If you have any other query then you can post back here. I will try to provide you solution on that. I hope this will help you to solve your some issue. Thank you.

Hello thank you for your quick response on my query. However your information is not helpful for me. I am running a Windows 2003 AD. I make use of repadmin / syncall a number of times. Usually add / e to the command to synchronize all servers in the domain and / P to drive changes to other domain controllers. It has solved many problems synchronizing AD. I do not think repadmin / syncall also replicate GPO. Repadmin / syncall only synchronize the data in Active Directory. Maybe it's better to change one setting, and undo the change, all you need to replicate GPO.

Repadmin not employ to test the replication of Group Policy starting the files are not active on the board; however a folder named sysvol using FRS intended for replication, or DFS-R within Windows 2008. Use gpupdate and gpotool to troubleshoot the function and versions of GPOs within the domain. By means of gpotool can perceive the name of the graphical user interface name of the gpo and locate that within the up to date directory to ensure that the request for the files are there.

If you are with DFSR at that time the tool to utilize is the DFS management console that is able to provide you HTML reports replication position or else dfsradmin.exe. Do not mystify the replication of Active Directory through Group Policy replication are two different things. activedir only keeps a reference of the Group Policy objects do not have the actual files or templates and scripts in the database. These are stored as ordinary files in a shared folder called SYSVOL is replicated by a different and separate from the database activedir protocol.