Thread: LDAP Search Filter

LDAP Search Filter

I currently have a search filter that I use for my Sharepoint people search that basically imports anyone with a mailbox and is shown in the Exchange address book. It also doesn't display disabled users. The query is:

(&(mailnickname=*)(|(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExchHomeServerName =*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*))))((!userAccou ntControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(showInAddressBook=*))

To this I now need to import contacts as well who do not have a mailbox but will have the telephone attribute populated. I thought something like this would work but instead of looking at it as one or the other, it is looking to meet all the criteria and only displaying people with mailboxes and phone numbers instead of or phone numbers. Can some please point out where I went wrong. Thanks.

(&(mailnickname=*)(|(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExchHomeServerName =*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*))))((!userAccou ntControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(showInAddressBook=*))(|(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=u ser)(telephoneNumber=*)))

Re: LDAP Search Filter

You can use the Microsoft Office API to access outlook components. Here is a note from the Microsoft site on how to do this. The security concerns are addressed here. Basically you resuse an existing outlook session, if none exists prompt the user to start outlook. Hope that helps.