Thread: client pc domain name does not change automatically after domain r

client pc domain name does not change automatically after domain r

I am trying to do a domain rename procedure using the netdom and rendom that was working fine. I also did a netdiag test and all DNS related tests passed. But my domain member PCs has not change to new domain automatically. I restarted the member pc many times and have checked that the option "change Primary DNS suffix when domain membership changes" is also enabled. I think that the new AD zone created in my DNS does not have a host record for my member computer. I have deleted the old zone and created a host record on the new zone, and have restarted the member pc manyt times but still the domain will not change? Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Re: client pc domain name does not change automatically after domain r

There can be some service which is interfering the issue here. For that you must ping to pass through a short test from the domain name. First check that the firewall at the stations are off at that time. Second go in Local Policy and then in Security Options. Then go in Network access and choose Sharing the model. Check that the same would be normal. Read the below link to get more info on the same.

Change the domain to Windows after using NETDOM