Thread: Multiple Group Query

Multiple Group Query

Hello,

I am using Exchange 2007. I am looking to perform a search in Active Directory for users who are not in specific groups. Is there a way to perform this search with multiple groups in 1 search to see who is not in these groups? Ive been searching the net but haven't really found an answer.

Thanks in advance

Re: Multiple Group Query

I think yes, you will need to know the distinguihed names for both groups, then you will have to construct a filter like this:

(&(!(memberOf=CN=Group 1,OU=somewhere,DC=domain,DC=com))(!(memberOf=CN=Group 2,OU=somewhere,DC=domain,DC=com)))

You wont have to use the LDAP filter, you may select to use an OPath Filter with Get-User:

Get-User -Filter { -Not (memberOfGroup -eq "CN=Group 1,OU=somewhere,DC=domain,DC=com") -And -Not (memberOfGroup - eq "CN=Group 2,OU=somewhere,DC=domain,DC=com") }

Re: Multiple Group Query

ok ive never used the opath filter and its been a while since ive done a ldap search but this is what i entered:

(&(!(memberOf=CN=US HSI UR ISA-FULL,OU=US HSI Groups,DC=us,DC=hsi,DC=local))(!(memberOf=CN=US HSI UR ISA-TSX Only,OU=US HSI Groups,DC=us,DC=hsi,DC=local)))

it gave me results but not quite what i wanted. it didnt give me users. also i need to perform a search through all our users and who ever is not in 8 specific groups is what i need to see. so ideally id like to do a search through all 8 groups at once and have it show me everyone who is NOT in those groups.

thanks for your help.