Thread: How to create and set values for newly created attributes in active directory

How to create and set values for newly created attributes in active directory

I need to add a new string attribute in the properties of users in the active directory. I have changed the schema and added the attribute. Then, it gets listed in the attributes list. But, I could not set this attribute value for users.

Please help me in setting this new attribute value for each and every user of users in AD.

Thanks

Re: How to create and set values for newly created attributes in active directory

Active Directory management tools (such as Active Directory Users and Computers snap) and the Windows shell extensions use the specified display to dynamically create context menu items and property pages. Show location permit specifies the class names and attributes, context menus and property pages, and also support new classes and attributes. If you want the steps for it then you can refer the TechNet Microsoft site. Search for it on Google it will proverb you this site thank you.