Thread: event subscription Access denied

event subscription Access denied

Hello,

I am trying to enable event forwarding from one DC to another. I have run winrm quickconfig on the source dc and wecutil qc on the collector. Also I have added the admin account that I am using to the Event Log readers of the source pc however in the subscription when I clic runtime status I get (0x5): Access is denied and no events are forwarded.

Thank yoo

Re: event subscription Access denied

Please check if the administrator is a member of the group of guests. If so, please remove the membership for the administrator. Now check if you are able to view the records or not. To remove the group Guest You have to go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Local Users and Groups. Click Groups of people then. Be sure to remove your username from the group of guests. I hope this will help you thank you.

I had provided a link of two kb articles below. Both of articles has different steps to checkout. There can some issue with the configuration. You can try resetting the settings. Before that just have a look on the below two links. In the first one you can see out issues with error message that occur in Windows Based systems. In the second one you can see other more errors that cause issue with remote accessibility. So just try out the process mentioned in the below link once and then test back. This would be enough to fix the issues.

Error messages occur when you use Event Viewer on a Windows Vista-based

You receive an error message when you try to access the registry or Event Viewer on a remote computer

There are few set of points which you need to take care before moving ahead with dc forwarding. Enter DNS Snap-in first. Right click on the pc name where you are getting issue and then click on properties. Then you have to go in computername properties and click on Forwarders tab. Click on Edit then. You will find a text entry area where you require to add the IP or DNS. The details will receive the forwarded dns queries. Once done just check back. If you are still facing issue then you can checkout the below link for more proper steps.

Configure a DNS server to use forwarders