Thread: GPO on TCPIP settings?

GPO on TCPIP settings?

Hi, I’m running a Windows 2003 R2 server and I’m the only administrator of this computer. Due to some security reasons I need to pull off ability from domain users and Local administrators to change the TCPIP settings on all Domain Computers. Computers are running on Windows XP service pack 2. So, is it possible to do so? If yes, please let me know what GPO settings I need to make the changes.

Thank you.

Re: GPO on TCPIP settings?

I don’t think there is any way you can deny people or grant people and this is because Domain Users are not allowed to change the network settings apart from local administrators. Hence you just cannot restrict people from changing the network settings. If users shouldn't change them: let them run as non-admins. If the users are able to change the network settings put them into the Network Operators/Network Configuration Operators group. This might help you.

Re: GPO on TCPIP settings?

HI,

I read your comments but I found that giving users an administrator privileges resolve a lot of problems like installing softwares without the administrator permission or renaming files wich are located in the C:\ or even running some applications , domain users have a lot of restrictions and in my opinion it will be a lost of time.

If there is other way to give domain users privileges to install and to run softwares it will be more interresting to work with the domain users than giving them an administrator account, but till now I didn't find an efficient solution for this problem ???!!!