Thread: Find computer name from which user logged on last time ?

Find computer name from which user logged on last time ?

Hello, we are running a server and Domain. I have also made a username on domain for myself. Due to some reason I need to find domain computer name user logged on last time. I think it is surely possible but I don’t know how?

Can anyone please tell me how can I do that? adsi is not compulsory, just let me know anyway for doing the same.

Re: Find computer name from which user logged on last time ?

Hey I don’t think those information is stored in Active Directory. What you try doing is enable or modify auditing and comb through the security event logs so that you can see who, where and when logged in on the domain. Secondly you can create a user logon script that does some magic on user logon. See if it helps.

There was a script by Richard Mueller which can help you with this but I’m not sure where can you find it. Try Googling for the same or else search it on pbbergs.com. See if you can find there. I’m sure this will help you because using this script you can send the logon information on your network log.

Re: Find computer name from which user logged on last time ?

I’m unsure it will work because our in my case our security logs only stores the data for one day, and the Event log APIs seem very slow if I compared it with UNIX. Anyways, I have used this script once with logon/logoff and it was working great. But I must say that it's not much use once you get into Mac clients, multi-organization federated authentication and single sign on.