Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1030
    Date: 6/25/2009
    Time: 10:30:38 AM
    User: CICL\amna.gurpaj
    Computer: PRODAD2
    Description:
    Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

=========================================================

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1058
    Date: 6/25/2009
    Time: 10:30:38 AM
    User: CICL\amna.gurpaj
    Computer: PRODAD2
    Description:
    Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=cicl,DC=local. The file must be present at the location <\\cicl.local\sysvol\cicl.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

==========================================================

im getting this error from 15th of june , so its 10 days now,
    can any one give me any help ????

Re: Event ID 1058 & 1030 Error

Well you have given pretty good information but I feel that’s not enough to get to the cause of problem. So I would like to know few things such as What is the OS version and is it on Server or workstation?

Also it will be very good if you can post the entire result of your ipconfig /all. Post the result on your both Machine and DNS Server.

RE: Event ID 1058 & 1030 Error

It will be good if you can provide the details asked by Ascetica but as of now i guess the problem may occur if there is no authenticated connectivity from the computer to the domain controller. Hence you should try doing ipconfig /registerdns on the workstation. See what happens.

Also have made any changes either on your server or workstation recently?

im runing Windows 2003 server, and that error was on the event log from the server, i dont have much details yet, because today is my second day at this job and the previews system administrator just left without any notice and i came to replace him and still not used with the system here, and now im not at the office, next sunday i will be there and i will check all what you did asked and i will replay you here.

we are running 16 server there and i just did check 5 of them today and i found this error be4 i leave by 10 min , so that is why i post it in here,

about changing on the implementation, i have no idea, as i said be4 , the previews system administrator did left without any notice, and now im stuck with this.

Having the same issue here. I have noticed that every other 1058 error (Access denied, The system cannot find the path specified, etc) is not using my user name, but has SYSTEM listed instead. Started getting these new errors with "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" as the error a day after I changed my account password. Any suggestions as why this is attempting to my credentials?

Yes I have logged off and on, many times actually. It is odd, because as an DA, this is happening on only one DC that I manage (I manage a handful of DCs). Another DA that I work with is having the same thing. He also changed his password the day before he started getting the errors. Happening to the both of us, on only 1 DC each. Wondering if somewhere our credentials (with our old passwords) are being cached in the system somewhere? I don't know what credentials a DC normally uses to access the SYSVOL share. I don't think the system should be using our credentials to access this. Also, we can log onto the servers with our new passwords just fine.

Thanks for replying so promptly Ace. All EA's and DA's are able to log onto the DC with no problem. I have manually initiated replication, and it says it was successful. So we can log on and check the event logs. Anything in particular that I should be looking for there?

I too had this problem in past with one of my User's PC. After searching a lot finally i managed to fix the problem following the steps provided in this Microsoft Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842804

Just go through the same. Hope it Helps

Ace, found out that the GPO was owned by an "Unknown user," someone that had been removed from AD. Changed the owner of the GPO, pushed replication, rebooted, and it has been cleared up. Thanks for the assistance.