Thread: LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) will be unavailable at this time

LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) will be unavailable at this t

HI, I’m running a Windows Server 2008 running at Server 2k3 operational level with Domain Controller. I’m also having a Server 2008 DC. Everything was working fine on this system since a year but recently I started getting an error message saying:

“LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) will be unavailable at this time because the server was unable to obtain a certificate.

Additional Data
    Error value:
    8009030e No credentials are available in the security package”

I tried searching this error on web including Microsoft sites but dint found a single resulting pointing me to Server 2008. So is there anyone here who came across this error personally? Please provide me a solution for the same.

LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) will be unavailable at this time

Yeah, I have been through this error message in past and in my case the reason for the same was certificate deployed in multiple containers whereas there was only one certificate associated with the certificate's private key. And that particular one was not the one that server account was having access to. So, as the AD must have read access to any key (or file) on the system, it was creating the error message.

Hence what you need to do is check the certificates mmc snap-in and see if which certificates are in the personal container local machine store. Also check if they the private key to start. Hope it helps.

Re: LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) will be unavailable at th

I think you are correct dude because it looks like thats the situation on my server and AD. Thanks for your reply. when i checked local cert store (personal) i found there are no certificates. But the worse part was i recived an error message saying "I can't request any certificates (as domain admin?) while bringing up the request certificate. But though there is no problem on my 2008 DC with our Microsoft certificate authority. It is working great.

RE: LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) will be unavailable at this t

Here is some more info. I tried using the certificate enrollment tool on my read only DC. I get a new Template error whenever i try requesting a certificate:

"The permissions on the certificate template do not allow for this type of certificate. You do not have permissions to view this type of certificate"

No matter i'm the only Administrator logged in to this computer, it still gives me the same error message.

Re: LDAP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) will be unavailable at this time

Hi All,

i also getting same problem... i tried lots of blog all blogs said to give permission i give all the permission .. but no success... Please suggest is there any other setting which i need to check.

thanks in advance..