Thread: How to block facebook by using security policies?

How to block facebook by using security polocies?

I want to block access to some of the websites like Facebook and Youtube. I am using Windows Server 2003 and in my network there is Windows XP. There is one domain, active directory, etc as well. Please let me know how to do this? Thanks.

Re: How to block facebook by using security polocies?

You can try to go to isaserver.org. You may not be able to control access through AD, you will need to use a proxy server such as ISA.

How to block facebook by using security policies?

Yes, thats right, you can either try to use a proxy like ISA server or Squid which is absolutely free. Check the below links for more details:

http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/e...s/default.aspx

Re: How to block facebook by using security policies?

This can be done through url filtering. It is quiet easy. You have to enable filtering first and then you can block urls through that. I wills how you the process to enable filtering. For that go in Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your LAN connection and choose Properties. Then click on TCP/IP. Right click on that and choose Properties. You have to then click on Advance > Options. Go under Optional Settings > TCP/IP Filtering. Click on Properties once again and then select Enable TCP/IP Filtering. You will require to select different adapters from the same.

Re: How to block facebook by using security policies?

For that you have to do changes in the DNS service. Launch Admin tools and in that go inside DNS. Then select your server and go in Forward Lookup Zones. To block certain url you have to create a zone first. So choose New Zone > Primary Zone. Again click on next and apply all DC on the same. Click on Next once again. Add the zone name. Add something like block facebook, or url filter, etc. This will be easy for you to remember. Click on Next. Choose Allow only secure and then again click on next. Right click on the new zone > Forward Lookup Zones. At the right side you an see New Host. Add www is the name, type 127.0.0.1 in the IP and then select Create associated pointer (PTR) record. Once done with that add the host.