Thread: Determine user object token size

Determine user object token size

I need to check all my users Token size if they exeeds the max size aasigned. Can anyone tell me how can i detemine the users' token size? What is the most simplest way? Also let me tell you that i still have sidhistory. Can you also tell me how much is this contributing to the token size?

Re: Determine user object token size

Microsoft has already provided a huge KB article describing How to monitor and troubleshoot the use of paged pool memory in Exchange Server 2003 or in Exchange 2000 Server. There are lots of information provided that you will need. Have a look here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912376

I have been in to a number of forums for this but then i have not yet found an effective solution for measuring the users’ current token size, i have checked out the above Microsoft link but then i am really not willing to try out the same as it is appearing to be quite messy, so I just wanted to know if there is anyone here who is having an idea of any utility or command that can be used for measuring the user’s current token size, I am basically looking out for a code that can be used on a system with a user gets logs in for getting the current token size, I have not found any luck for this, so i am just wishing if anyone here can help me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Run.DK View Post
    I have been in to a number of forums for this but then i have not yet found an effective solution for measuring the users’ current token size, i have checked out the above Microsoft link but then i am really not willing to try out the same as it is appearing to be quite messy, so I just wanted to know if there is anyone here who is having an idea of any utility or command that can be used for measuring the user’s current token size, I am basically looking out for a code that can be used on a system with a user gets logs in for getting the current token size, I have not found any luck for this, so i am just wishing if anyone here can help me out here.
    I think that you should check out the tokensz utility, i think that it is what you are looking for, it will be helping you out in calculating the maximum token size and for testing if a system may exhibit the issue which are mentioned in the microsofts KB article 327825, just download the tokensz from the below link and also go through the instructions that has been mentioned below the download link to get more idea of the same.

I am just curious. What is the user object token and why is it's size important?

Quote Originally Posted by DetRich View Post
    I am just curious. What is the user object token and why is it's size important?
    I think that if a token has user interfaces (UIs), such as the properties of a Recognizer or a wizard to customize a Voice to display, the token will also contain the CLSID for the COM object used to instantiate each type of UI. You can find more information on this site - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx