Thread: GPO Timeouts

GPO Timeouts

In our office we have few clients connected to our Windows Server 2003 R2 AD. Since past couple of days whenever the clients boot their computers, few of them gets freezed at startup scripts. I tried to find out the cause but no success. Later when I checked the Event Log I found that the Execution of GPO scripts has timed out and have been terminated. (Event ID 1217)

Later The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:
    {41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}.
    CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A. (Event ID 4356).

Any idea what is happening here? How can I fix it? Please help.

Re: GPO Timeouts

Before you try anything else, just go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon and configure the option called: “Always wait for network at computer startup and logon.” This is because to me it appears like the script is trying to change/run a command that does not work correct.

Apart from that, I will suggest you to try running the script manually from the command line. See if it works fine here. Also have you configured "Maximum wait time for Group Policy scripts". If not, do it and make it default at 10 minutes.

Hello !Star!, first of all you should identify what is the object returning the error code. you can search on registry using those GUIDs. For more info, you can also check out the following Knowledge base articles:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831648/en-us
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331697/en-us

Looks like some kind of configuration issue to me. It is essential that you must checkout all the settings back again. I am providing a link below that offer you more detail solution on configuring timeout. You can also optimize the reconnection settings and test back. Just check the link.

Configure Timeout and Reconnection Settings for Remote Desktop Services Sessions

You have to optimize the logon on those system and then only it is going to work. By default this feature is configured for both domain and workgroup. You don't have to do changes, default settings are optimized. But sometime you face issue with the connectivity and this would be limited to some systems only. You have to turn on logon optimization to avoid connectivity issues. The link below has more proper details about your issue.

Logon Optimization