Thread: Active Directory Remote Desktop Permissions

Active Directory Remote Desktop Permissions

Hey guys, need a bit of help from you all. I have recently started using servers and Domain. Yeah, you can call me a newbie to Active Directory. I have installed a Server with domain and there are many users who connect to this domain over remote desktop. When I remove the same users from administrators group and add them to remote desktop users group, don’t know why they are not able to connect any more. I’m sure that there is nothing that would be blocking the connection then what am I missing or doing wrong?

Please help

Re: Active Directory Remote Desktop Permissions

users are in a group that has Allow log on locally right (you can verify this by running RSOP.MSC) on the target server. You might want to also check whether the default permissions of the RDP-Tcp connection (Terminal Services Configuration) haven't been altered...

You just need to Allow logon locally should be set on the server in question with a GPO. Hopefully the server is NOT a Domain controller.

Thanks for the help guys. As you guys suggested I verified the group policy under Default Domain Policy - Computer Settings - Window Settings - Security Settings - Local Policy and allowed Local Logon and Login through terminal service to the Remote Desktop Users group which my login is a member of.

But still it gives me an error message saying user must be given rights to logon through terminal services. I dont knoiw whats wrong.