Thread: User Home Folder Permissions

User Home Folder Permissions

Can anyone tell me how can we restrict users to change permissions on his own home folder. For example I have a home folder created by admin, so here I should not have access to add another user or a group to my home folder. So, what I really want is that I shouldnt have any modify permission to add another user to access my home folder or files under home folder. Thanks.

Re: User Home Folder Permissions

It is kind of difficult since the idea of a home folder is to provide a user FC on it. When you are using Folder redirection in a GPO, the user account must have FC on the share and on their own folder or redirection will fail. Incase you are not using redirection and you want to granulate control, with a test user account, create a folder, share it, go into the security tab, but dont add the user in the main window, rather click on advanced, add the user in the Advanced tab, then go click Edit, and refine the permissions to exactly what you want. You should first try it on a test account to get an idea of what to expect.

Re: User Home Folder Permissions

I have tried what you have told but that is not working for me. What I want is when I click on my home folder and go to properties and select my name then ADD/Remove buttons should be graded out completely so that I cannot give access to anyone. Thanks.

Can you try to go to properties > security > Advanced > select user > edit > on "Change Permissions" uncheck the "Allow" and check "Deny" checkbox. It can also work if you will just leave both the Allow and Deny boxes unchecked