Thread: LDAP Query for memeber of one group

LDAP Query for memeber of one group

Hello,

I'm trying to set a saved query that will return the members of on group.
    So I've created the follwing query to get all the users which are member of the group Internet from the domain mydomain.local in the OU Bucharest

(&(&(objectCategory=person)(|(objectClass=contact)(objectClass=user))(memberOf=cn=Internet,ou=Buchar est,dc=mydomain,dc=local)))

But I get nothing.
    Some help...

Thanks.
    Victor.

Re: LDAP Query for memeber of one group

As per my experience it sounds like you want users and contacts that are direct member of the group. If yes, then try out this:

(&(objectCategory=person)(memberOf=cn=Internet,ou=Bucharest,dc=mydomain,dc=local))
    Here the clause (objectCategory=person) will return user and contact objects. Hope it helps.

Did you check whether your Distinguished Name (DN) is correct? Because to me it seems wrong and hence all those problems are coming up.

Just go to ADSIEdit and recheck DN you have in your script matches the actually defined DN of the object. Let me know the result.

OK, so I've installed ADSIEdit and after I got all correct DN's I came up with this:

(&(objectCategory=person)(memberOf=CN=Internet,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local))

..and it works I've got al lthe members of the group Internet.

But this users are spread in more then 50 OU's. How can I add a condition to narrow down to the users that are members of the group Internet but under a specific OU?

I've tried this but it dose not work:

(&(&(objectCategory=person)(memberOf=CN=Internet,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local)(OU=Bucharest,OU=Coun try,OU=Company,OU=Organisation,DC=mydomain,DC=local)))

I had run into the exact same issue yesterday, but as Richard said it is not
    possible.Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    try to use LDAP query:

(&(objectCategory=person)(memberOf=CN=Internet,CN= Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local))

I'm having a similar issue, except I'm attempting to pull ALL users from AD except the ones in a specific group.

(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)(!memberOf=CN=GroupToExclude,CN=General,CN=Security Groups,OU=*corporate,OU=base,DC=domain,DC=com))

I did up a quick LDAP query test and found that I'm able to pull out or filter users with the following:

(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)(memberOf=CN=TestSharepointGroup,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=co m))
    (&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)(memberOf=CN=Alberta Region,CN=Region Distribution List,CN=Email Distribution,OU=base,DC=domain,DC=com))

I picked a different group with in the same container as the problem group and found this DOES NOT work:

(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)(memberOf=CN=differnetGroup,CN=General,CN=Security Groups,OU=*corporate,OU=base,DC=domain,DC=com))

Can anyone point to any issue with the query, or a possible issue with a ldap query to nested OUs?