Thread: Folder redirection policy set with Windows Server 2008 does not work on my Windows XP client machine

Folder redirection policy set with Windows Server 2008 does not work on my Windows XP client machine

I am testing a Windows Server 2008 trial on the folder redirection policies. I am able to make it work on the server if I log on with affected users but not one a Windows XP client machine. But, the share for it was configured to be available offline. Everytime, if I am logon to tha client with domain users nothing happens. Nothing added to the redirection folder. However, if I am trying to logon to that client with local administrator and log off, it will start to synchronize the files and ask me for credential to access the redirection share on the server. When I have disable the offline feature on the server share, it still kept synchronize when I log off the local administrator from the client Windows XP machine but only accept domain admin credential to access the server share for redirection. Still nothing happens when I log off with a domain user from the client machine. So does anyone know how to solve it?

Re: Folder redirection policy set with Windows Server 2008 does not work on my Windows XP client machine

I think I have solve the auto synchronization with the local Admin account after I deleted all the related content presented in the share of the redirection folder and disabled a mobsync program from startup programs. But the folder redirection is not working on the client machine while logon with domain users.

Re: Folder redirection policy set with Windows Server 2008 does not work on my Windows XP client machine

I have now solved the problem. Thanks.