Thread: Assigning Static IP Address to VPN Clients

Assigning Static IP Address to VPN Clients

I need some help with configuration of Static IP address to an user in Active Directory. So that he can use vpn whenever he needs to connect. The ip address was configured properly with subnet mask. Now through this he can also connected to remote desktop. But when I tested the same it is not working. The remove connectivity simply fails a number of time still if the client is part of the network. It looks the static ip does not really worked well on this. Does anyone has any idea on fixing this problem.

Try to route the same properly on the vpn server. And then check back. It looks there is some kind of connectivity failure in the access network due to which you are facing the problem. Go in server properties box and go under ip tab. Check there whether things are properly configured or not.

I am giving you a kb article link that will offer you a more detail solution on stuff that you are trying to do. There is a hotfix available on the link below that will allow you to fix the issue related to that. Second thing you can do is find some good tutorial on web which will give you more detailed information on the process.

You cannot assign a static IP address for client computers in a site-to-site VPN connection in Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004