Thread: Screen Saver group policy

Screen Saver group policy

Need help to enable screen saver timeout policy. Also when the screen saver run I want the screen to get locked. I want to do this on to some limited computers in the group not to all. So I am trying to create a policy but that is not working. It looks extremely simply, but as when I apply it fails to work. It happens a number of time users leave their screen on and went away. At that time this policy can help to protect the system.

You can do that using GPO. There is something missing due to which you are not getting the right output. For that you have to work on the customization settings. The registry key that control the same behavior is - HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktopScreenSaveTimeOut. You can configure the screen saver timeout settings here and move ahead.

If the workstations or user account on which you want to apply the policy lies in the OU then there is nothing much needed. You can simply apply the settings by moving the user inside OU. But if you had never done this before then you have to do everything from scratch. I am giving you a link that has ample of information on your issue. You can find a complete guidance on configuration of the same.

Customizing the Desktop