Thread: Communication Not Available - Dell V305 All In One Printer

Communication Not Available - Dell V305 All In One Printer

I had just purchased a new printer last month. It was working fine and haven't had any problems until now. But when I try to print I am getting a error message. The message is "Communication Not Available". What does the that means. I had unplugged the USB port and reset all connections but still getting the same kind of error. I had contacted Dell and they said the printer is fine there some issue with my pc.

Re: Communication Not Available - Dell V305 All In One Printer

First can you tell which version of Windows are you using. After installing the printer and managing all the driver setup had you restarted your pc. It is necessary that you must check your system drivers. I think the issue lies with them only. Have you tried using another USB port. If not then just check back. Check the printer is properly attached and if possible use another USB printer cable also. Try installing the printer back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue.

I am having a Windows XP pc. I am also getting the same issue. I had installed the printer and then I rebooted the computer. It asked me to reboot the system and then it worked. I am accessing my pc computer remotely and I do not think that would be a issue. I had unplug the USB port and changed that also but still the issue lies the same. The printer inside Control Panel > Printer is set as offline. Can anyone provide me more highlight here to fix the issue .

In such case you must try one thing. Try to install the printer on some other pc. If it worked then the issue simply lies with your pc. But if the printer failed to work on the new pc also then the printer is not proper. Just contact the manufacturer and ask for replacement. That would be more better to fix the problem you are facing. This kind of issues are more common due to hardware failure. I will simply advice you to re-install the printer back through new drivers and if that does not work then take to the service center.

You can try this. Go to Start > Programs > Dell Printers > uninstal. And then after that go to Printers and Faxes. In that just make sure that the icon for this printer has been deleted. You have to remove the printer completely. If still it remains there then the problem will appear back again. If not, then just right click on it and choose delete. That's all. The printer is completely wiped out. Now go back in Printers and Faxes and click on File > Server Properties. In that click on Drivers and just check that no remaining drivers are left. Try back to install the printer after reboot.

I have a question when you got your printer back online did it start printing massive test pages? I have the same printer and just reinstalled my printer, because it kept telling me no communication between my Windows Vista 64 bit and V305 printer. I also have gone thru massive ink over this issue. It keeps telling me that the tape is still on them, which is nto the case. I want to disable the print a test page but have not figured out how to any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    I bought my printer last April and haven't had any problems until now. When
    I go to print I get the error message, "Communication Not Available". I
    unplugged the USB port and all connections & still get the error. I called
    Dell & the tech checked my system & said nothing wrong with the printer &
    transfrerd me to software support who said its likely a software issue &
    wants to charge $79 to fix it. I haven't added any new software lately. Any
    suggestions? Would uninstalling & reinstalling the printer work? How about
    the printer driver?
    YOUCOULD AS WELL BE SPEAKING ABOUT WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING, BY NOW I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THE COMMUNICATION NOT AVAILABLE MESSAGE SEVERAL TIMES. STILL I CANNOT PRINT. I AM SICK OF DELL. I AM GIVING UP AND GOING ELSEWHERE.

ANAND

I think I came up with a solution to the printer not communicating with my laptop. I went to Microsoft drivers and updated my printer drivers. It really depends on what version of Microsoft you are working with though. I am working with Vista.

This is the website http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...rinter-drivers
    I used i hope this offers you some guidance. I also have a Dell 715W that duplicated the same error message and it worked for this printers, as well.

Good luck!