Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sound Card not detected after XP re-install

XP Hardware

Old 23-06-2008

Sound Card not detected after XP re-install

I am using a Windows XP Home edition on my system. There was some issue due to which I have to format the computer. I formatted with the cd that I got and installed all the require drivers and software. It was working fine until I notice that there was no sound at all. The sound card is not at all detecting. I am using a different sound card which is on the pci slot. I checked inside device manager and it was not available there. How can I bring it back. Thanks.

Old 23-06-2008

The reason the sound card was not detected properly was the drivers. You must look for proper drivers. If you are aware about the model of sound card in your system then try to find the official manufacturers website on basis of that. You can then look for proper drivers there and download them in your system. Once proper drivers are installed Windows will be able to find your card and it will start working.
Old 25-06-2008

That can be a driver issue. But if that does not work then go in BIOS and just see the sound is not disabled. There are chances that some settings might cause this. If still after adding sound card it does not work then try to remove the card and put it back. You can try cleaning the edges of card.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,