Thread: Lots of SM Bus Controller hardawre in Device Manager after Windows XP re-intsall

Lots of SM Bus Controller hardawre in Device Manager after Windows XP re-intsall

My friend has helped me to re-install Windows XP on my Dell Dimension 2400 desktop. The system was working extremely slow. There was no option left other than formatting that and installing all from scratch. When I checked inside Device Manager I found a series of SM Bus Controller devices which are marked as yellow. They all are missing drivers and I am not able to install it. How to get rid of them.

For that you will need the driver cd of your motherboard. You can also find proper drivers from the official website of your board manufacturer. That is the best place from where you can get all new driver updates and then install them one by one in your system. It will reboot a number of time. Later on when you are done with the setup then run Windows Update. I am sure after updating the chipset software this issue will be resolved.