Thread: Fail to install Realtek drivers on ASUS MB - P5GC-MX/1333.

Fail to install Realtek drivers on ASUS MB - P5GC-MX/1333.

I have a ASUS MB - P5GC-MX/1333 motherobard. I am using Windows XP Pro on it. The current hard drive size is 3TB with 3GB RAM. I built this system for server at my workplace. Everything works fine. After running driver updates I found that only Realtek HD audio driver fails to work. I had tried to find latest updates on web but nothing was found related to that. The audio driver not at all respond and there is nothing listed in Device Manager also.

It looks the audio device is disabled. Due to which Windows is not able to detect it. You can check in bios. Check that the audio device is enabled or not. The second option lies is to find the right driver update. If that also fails then there is a hardware fault in the motherboard. I will recommend you to contact the official manufacturer and ask for replacement.

Getting on conclusion that the hardware is damaged is not worth enough. You must test a number of different thing for some time and then check back whether it works well or not. Run windows update. I hope you can find some fix on that. Also ensure that you are using the right drive edition as per the OS you have. If all this does not work then go to the nearest service center and ask for replacement.

try this

You can find a freeware download on web also. Running windows update will be a wise choice. But before that you must get rid of the old drivers. That can create some kind of compatibility problem in the system. When you run the setup it detects the hardware and install it.
    Last edited by triparound; 30-05-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Solution

My issue is resolved now. I chose to go for the reinstall of Vista (using the RTM media this time around, and manually apply SP1). I still have the same issue with the newest(?) drivers from ASUS and Realtek, but the driver supplied on the installation media for Vista works brilliantly. The properties sheets for the audio devices seems to have all the settings I require.

I hope it works out for the rest of you as well shortly, 'cause this one was a pain in the hole... :P

Cheers,

//L