Thread: Sound recording is not working on Windows XP

Sound recording is not working on Windows XP

I have a new system that has Creative Sound Blaster in it. It is a PCI card. I added this to get a better audio quality. I record sound through my system and process them to high quality audio disc. The card is purchased recently. Before that I was using the default audio port. The quality was not good at all. After adding the card I can see the sound card installing in Windows XP. But it did not work. The sound properties shows no audio device installed.

That is a driver issue. There is nothing you can do in that. The sound card which you are using comes with a set of disc that has its drivers and important updates. Run them first. If still it does not work then just check on your motherboard that there is any additional pci slot. Put the card on it and the see again. The driver update would fix the issue.

Yes that is just due to hardware failure. Remove all pre-installed audio driver on your system. I will advice you to use one at a time. Second check in bios that the settings for your pci slot is not disabled. There can be problem with mixer also. You can do the changes in sound properties located in control panel.