Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Safely Remove Hardware icon doesn't appear

XP Hardware

Old 02-05-2008

Safely Remove Hardware icon doesn't appear

I have a old desktop running with Windows XP SP2. Since last few weeks it is not showing up the ?Safely Remove Hardware? that use to placed in the System Tray. I have tried various USB drivers but it wont appear for anyone. And at the same time when I connect the same USB drive on my Laptop with Vista, it shows the Safely Remove Hardware icon.

So its clear that the problem is with my system and not with usb drive. Can anyone here please tell me how can get that icon back to prevent any damage to my USB drives.

Old 03-05-2008

Re: Safely Remove Hardware icon doesn't appear

Hello TanZail, the icon might have got hidden due to any unusual change. Anyways, you can check these discussion describing the same problem with solution:
OR you can also download a simple Registery Fix from here.
Old 22-01-2009

Re: Safely Remove Hardware icon doesn't appear

Worked for me!

Thanks!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,