Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Samsung CD-ROM keeps on re-appearing in Windows XP

XP Hardware

Old 30-04-2008

Samsung CD-ROM keeps on re-appearing in Windows XP

After clean Windows XP installation I am trying to create some new CD. There is a single internal CD drive in the system. When I insert disc the CD rom disappears. But it appears back again. I cannot burn the data in this way. I can find in Device Manager that CD drive keeps on re-appearing again and again. This is not constant. I removed the CD drive and then restarted the system it was installed but it keeps on appearing a number of time.

Old 01-05-2008

Check the cable connection. Depending on the connectivity see the cable. If you are using a old cd rom then there will be a IDE cable and if you are using a new one then there will be a sata cable. It looks that the cable is loose or the port is loosing connection while using the same. Change the cable and then check one more time.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,