Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP New Disk initialization failed

XP Hardware

Old 26-04-2008

Windows XP New Disk initialization failed

There is a bit confusing error on my system. I am not able to find solution for the same. I had added a new internal hard drive in the system. It is a SATA hard drive. I had installed Windows XP pro on it. This is a second drive. Now when I start Windows I can see the drive in Disk Management. In XP can use the wizard to make it a dynamic disc. In the same when I started to convert the disc to dynamic I noticed some raid controller. There is not thing like that. I just want to use the drive and do not want to spoil any settings.

Old 27-04-2008

You can convert that to dynamic disc. There is nothing worry about the same. You must format it the way you want. If there is any raid controller in your system then just ensure that you had disabled the same from the bios. You can then move ahead with other configuration.
Old 27-04-2008

What are you confused with. You are not getting any kind of error nor there is any major hardware fault with the system. It is recommended that you must format it. And if there is preconfigured raid drive in the system then do not touch it. You might lost your windows also. You can get more information on that in the documentation of your system or motherboard.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,