Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

USB write protected.

XP Hardware

Old 10-04-2008

USB write protected.

I bought a new USB Device, which when I connect to my XP computer it wont allow me to format the drive. I think the reason is because the USB is Write Protected.

Is there any way I can make it Writable and format the drive? Please help. Thank you.

Old 07-05-2008

No success

I'm having the same trouble. I followed the link but unfortunately, I'm not quite confident yet in my ability to edit my registry, alas there's no "switch" on my flash drive, and I bought it new less than 12 weeks ago so I can't imagine that it's worn out already. Any other hints, suggestions, etc.? I would really hate to think I plunked down $25 for less 3% usage on a 2GB flash drive. :(
Old 07-05-2008

Re: USB write protected.

There use to be a key in the registry that handles all these WriteProtect. I don?t know where exactly it resides if you can search for the same, it will be good for you. If there is no "WriteProtect" entry in the specified key, then you know there is no reason to look further in that direction.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: ,