Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Logitech optical USB Mouse driver

XP Hardware

Old 07-04-2008

Logitech optical USB Mouse driver

I was getting a stop error in Windows XP that was not able to run usb mouse, so I just removed and reinstall the USB ports/hub . After that I plugged the mouse in the usb port and then the found new wizard pops up, but after that it said that it cannot find the driver? I have also tried different mouse on this computer but still getting the same error? At the moment, I am using the laptop mouse plugged into a setial port and everything else thats use works properly. I have a Logitech optical mouse, can anyone please help? Thanks

Old 07-04-2008

re: Logitech optical USB Mouse driver

When you connect your mouse to your computer, then does it prompt you to look for locations? If I remember then most of these drivers are stored in the c:\windows\inf folder. Just point to install the drivers for your logitech mouse from their and see if the driver gets installed.
Old 07-04-2008

re: Logitech optical USB Mouse driver

Yes, it will ask me whether there is a disk or installation file for the mouse. Also, if the driver are there in the folder that you have said then shouldnt the Hardware Wizard find it automatically? I assume that the mouse itself is bad and it would not therefore install in the laptop. However, I will try to install the drivers from the location that you have mentioned and see if that works.
Old 25-12-2008

Even I was having this same issue and I got it resolved by simply copying the whole INF folder from another windows xp machine to my computer and after this the mouse that I was using on my pc, started to work normally, since the mouse was found as an HID device correctly. Hope that this will help others who might be suffering from same problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: