Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

SATA DVD burner not working in Windows XP

XP Hardware

Old 06-04-2008

SATA DVD burner not working in Windows XP

I have installed Samsung SH-S203N - SATA DVD burner in my system. However, there is something wrong going on with it, even though i dint had any issue in installing it. Whenever i open the tray, it comes out and goes back it automatically before i can insert any CD. I am running windows xp in my system and i have installed DVD burner for the very first time so let me know if there is any setting that i have to change to get it working properly.

Old 06-04-2008

Re: SATA DVD burner not working in Windows XP

As far as i am aware windows xp doesn't have built-in support for SATA. You will have to install latest driver for Samsung SH-S203N - SATA DVD burner so as to get it working properly on windows xp. You can check out Samsung official site for the latest driver. Just visit Samsung official site download and install the latest driver and check out if your DVD burner starts working fine after that. If not and you still face the same issue than you can revert back to me for further help, best of luck.
Old 06-04-2008

Re: SATA DVD burner not working in Windows XP

I have already installed the latest driver for Samsung SH-S203N from its official site. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver a couple of times as well but that doesn't seem to be making any difference. I am not sure but i feel there is something wrong with the DVD burner.
I have checked out the connection and i have tried using a new sata cable for it as well but no luck, i am getting the same response from it. Let me know if there is anything else that i can try out my self rather than getting the DVD burner checked from Samsung's service center, any further help regrading this will be appreciated.
Old 06-04-2008

There can be some problem with your Samsung SH-S203N but before coming to that point i want to know if you have updated your system BIOS. One should always update their system BIOS after installing any hardware. In case you have missed that, than update your system BIOS and let me know if that makes any difference. Just make sure that you are downloading and installing latest BIOS for your system, you can download latest bios for your system from your Motherboards manufacturer site.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: ,