Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP PC won't go into standby or hibernate by its own

XP Hardware

Old 27-03-2008

Windows XP PC won't go into standby or hibernate by its own

I own a Windows XP desktop. There is issue with power management. The system does not goes in hibernation on its own. Also the standby is not working. I had changed the power settings a number of time but still it is not working. I am sure the problem is not with driver. There is some internal issue.

Old 28-03-2008

Go in bios and see whether there is some option related to power management. If there is nothing mentioned in that then you can find related in Control Panel. There is a separate option as Power Management. In that you can find the settings that you are looking for. If that does not work then you have to update your chipset drivers. I had faced this issue on my laptop. Due to improper power configuration the same failed to work properly, but it went back to normal after drivers update.
Old 30-03-2008

Yes it is a driver bug. What your motherboard model. Also go in power settings and then check that you had configured power settings are allowed to put your system on sleep or standby. Hibernation also works in the same manner. You can run a windows repair setup and then see that things are normal or not.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: ,