Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Monitor resolution stuck on 4:3 after Windows XP installation

XP Hardware

Old 22-03-2008

Monitor resolution stuck on 4:3 after Windows XP installation

My monitor resolution is stucked on 4:3 aspect. I had updated the drivers but still not able to get full 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. There are vertical lines on the monitor and it is not at all working well. I am having a ATI gpu on the system and after driver update also the resolution is stucked. Is there any idea why this appear. How can I get the exact ratio on the screen getting a proper resolution.

Old 24-03-2008

What you can see in the display properties. Are you able to get the right resolution settings. Go in Device Manager and check that the gpu is installed or not. If not then try to re-install the same. There are chances that you do not get the right drivers due to which you are getting the error.
Old 26-03-2008

The resolution settings is not saved due to old or outdated drivers. You have to re-install graphic card. Then you will need to modify the settings through Catalyst control manager. It will help you a lot in making proper configuration and changes. The aspect resolution will lack if settings are not properly applied.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,